Sunday, November 3, 2013

Introduction

J.Walker Pottery.. When I first was introduced to clay in college, I figured I'd take an easy class because of some unsettling life changes I'd gone through at the time. Little did I know:

At Georgia Southern University One would not expect to find a graduate of Alfred University at the wheel of the curriculum. That semester, I found it was not a crypt course but an avenue to shine.  

Every single task (from formulating a personal clay body,  to throwing techniques, calculating glazes, and firing atmosphere exploration) All I found out were art-forms within themselves.  


It has been 25 years since I put my clay knowledge on the back burner stating "I cant make a career out of this!"  Well... I know have decided I need to make a career out of this.. why?.. Because I love it. 

Here are some pieces I have just recently completed:





No comments:

Newest Pieces (Not finished)